As part of my work for ‘Bookmark People’ I created a suite of nine a ‘Reading is good for you’ designs each highlighting a specific point.
- Reduce stress Get lost in a good novel and take time out of your hectic lifestyle to unwind.
- Help you sleep Turn off the TV, get into bed, pick up a book and snuggle down.
- Keep the brain in shape What better way to work out your brain than reading?
- Improve knowledge Even a fictional novel can teach and inspire you.
- Health and well-being Regular reading is associated with a significant reduction in the risk of dementia.
- Feeling Reading boosts empathy. Fiction can simulate real-world problems and therefore has real consequences for the reader.
- Boosts Vocabulary What better way to discover new words?
- Reading is sexy Reading increases emotional and cognitive experience. It is the ultimate aphrodisiac.
- Achieve Reading for pleasure helps to improve skills at the same time as increasing enjoyment, self-confidence, motivation and a sense of achievement.
I’ve created a good selection of Bookmarks promoting Health and Well-being.