Are you thinking about your summer hols? are you thinking about the pool?
Children and water confidence – An important life skill!
Tammy and Emma are highlighting the important of water-confidence for kids.
Ten Benefits of getting wet
- Swimming builds confidence and self-awareness.
- Learning to swim can save your life.
- Swimming is one of the few sports you can easily do at any age.
- Swimming lessons are a great way of meeting new people.
- Swimming is the best all-round exercise. It involves all the body’s muscles.
- Having water confidence means loads of other water activities are possible.
- Once you can swim, you can swim. Set for life. But keep it up.
- Swimming lessons help children to set achievable targets.
- More than 60 children drown during the summer every year in the UK, yet the majority of these deaths are likely to have been preventable. No one is ever drown-proof. However, being able to swim 400 yards continuously lowers the chance of drowning.
- Learning to swim is a basic ability, like walking, it should be part of growing up.
Download the fact sheet here: Childrenandwaterconfidence.pdf
If you’ve not checked it out have a look at their Swim School for parents and tots below!
It’s about splashing, it’s about getting wet, it’s about kicking, it’s about FUN!