So, we have a ‘Banana Cake’ thing going on at the mo,
(more details of why & where in due-course)
but for posterity, here’s the recipe.
Ingredients for our Spiced Banana Cake, with Ginger;
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1.25ml bicarbonate of soda
- 2.5ml Salt
- 75g Unsalted Butter (If you’ve salted butter don’t add the salt above)
- 150g caster sugar (for a different dark cake, use dark sugar!)
- 2 beaten eggs
- About 4 bananas (~450g if weighed with skin)
- Mixed spice
- Crystallised Ginger – chopped.
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Grease & line with baking paper a small loaf tin.
- Mix the flour, bi-carb & salt together.
- Peal and mash the bananas.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- A little at a time, mix in the eggs and some flour mixture.
- Add as much mixed spice and chopped crystallised ginger as you fancy.
- Stir in the remaining flour and mashed banana.
- Pour into your lined tin & bake for 60-75 mins or until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes before turning onto a cooling rack.
As mentioned, the reasons for our Banana Cake adventures will be released in due-course.
For other cobbled together recipes (many Cornish), search ‘recipes’.