We used to make this a lot but with kids and costs and stuff, the jars and supermarkets have been easy options. The Greens came around for a few jars and drams this weekend so we returned to our fave Chicken Curry…
I thought I’d posted this before but alas can’t find it anywhere so here ’tis.
Jules’ and Em’s Chicken Curry
It always turns out a tad different depending on how much of what u put in but the basic recipe is:
- Fry, mushrooms, then onions (and brown with some butter!), then add toms.
- Cinnamon stick – snapped in two.
- Split cardamon pods (discard cases)
- Cracked pepper corns
- Cumin seeds (and a tad cumin powder)
- Garam masala
- Chilli Powder
- and stir fry for a few minutes and the add chicken (cut in to inchish bits).
We tend to do all the above early, before the meal, turn off the heat, and then let the chicken sit in this mixture for an hour.
When ready you then bring the mix to the heat and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Then add plain yoghurt to the mix, lower heat cover and cook for about 15 mins.
If it’s too liquid then remove the lid to reduce the mixture, alternatively if seeming too dry add a touch of liquid (water, beer, or small tin of toms)…
- When cooked, dish up with cooked rice and – this bit really makes it!… top with chopped fresh coriander, chopped chillies (of your choice) and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.