We were recently given a whopper of a butternut squash by a friend with an allotment. Thanks H.
And so to add to our store of Green Bean Soup, we now have 5 packs of BNS soup in the freezer, (as well as roast BNS with our roast today).
And so for our take on BNS Soup:
- 1 large BNS.
- 2 Onions
- A helping of lazy Garlic (to your taste)
- A teaspoon of lazy Chillies.
- 1.5 litres of veg stock
- Peel and chop the BNS (see here), drizzle with oil & seasoning, and roast for 20-30mins (to your liking). We also roasted some carrots that we had left in the bottom of the veg tray! Add what you wish!
- Fry the onions, and add the garlic and chillies.
- Add the veg stock and the roasted veg and simmer for 20-30mins.
- Allow to cool a tad, and then wizz with a blender to your desired consistency. It will blend to a thick saucy soup. To serve, you may wish to dilute the mixture with hot water to your liking
- Eat a portion or two, with some crusty bread and real butter! Nice!
- Cool and freeze the rest! Ready for the cooler months approaching.
Happy Autumn! Other recipes here ‘Recipes’