We like to mix it up a bit.
Covid, kids, broken doors, antibiotics, chalazion, wall papering! argh!…
I had to take my mind of things for a bit…
There’s been a jar of peanut butter in our kitchen for months, and it’s usually only me that eats it. But for some reason even I’ve gone off peanut butter sandwiches!
So, as I say, I needed a distraction – hence Peanut Butter Cookies.
The easiest! Four ingredients, 15 mins.
- about 200g or peanut butter
- about 200g of caster sugar
- about 100g of breakfast oats
- 1 egg*
*incidentally, I can recommend the double-yokers from Sunrise Farm Seagrave!
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar, oats, and egg until smooth.
- Place balls on a baking tray – I used an ice-cream scoop.
- Flatten each ball a tad.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until just starting look brown*.
- Cool on a baking tray.
Don’t over cook them or they will be hard when cooled. If you take out when just turning brown, they should remain chewy on the inside.