Skip to the content
- pack of sausages, we had cumberland but choose your faves – or two packs for a big one with some leftover for cold pack-up!!
- large egg
- red onion
- puff pastry
- Heat oven to 200 – Grease a baking tray.
- Take skins off sausages.
- Slice mushrooms and slice red onion. Grate some cheese,
- Flour work surface and roll out the pastry into a rough square shape. Put pastry baking tray
- Lay the combined sausage meat down the middle of the pastry, leave gap at the ends.
- On top of meat, lay sliced mushrooms, then sliced onion, then cheese – and whatever you fancy – salt and pepper.
- Cut diagonal strips on the sides of the pastry. Brush the pastry with some egg wash.
- Tuck the top and bottom ends over the filling. Fold the pastry strips over the filling – alternate sides.
- Brush the top all over with the rest of the egg.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until golden.
- Serve hot or cold with baked beans or whatever.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: