Ordinary people, in an ordinary place… an extraordinary story…
‘Ordinary’ people in their ‘ordinary’ place – we are perhaps all part of an ‘extraordinary’ story.
Recently, Jill Marsh the District Mission Enabler for Northampton Methodist District commented on the project and suggested we might help produce similar for others. It’s a simple idea that could perhaps resonate in YOUR community…
A local church chose nine nativity characters and nine corresponding pictures of people from their village life. You can see the original project here: Ordinary People. The project was printed as posters and displayed in a local shop window for shoppers and passers by to see.
You could do similar in your community!
If you like the idea, I’d be happy to artwork and supply graphic poster images for you*. I can arrange cost-effective printing and delivery of A2 posters for you to display, and/or supply your images for online social/media use. *For a small donation to cover my time.
Using your images of the people around your community, it perhaps could help people think about what the nativity story means today.
All you’d need to supply is nine quality images with captions, (it’s important to obtain consent for them to be used), and supply any local / logo and details etc.
Images used previously were:
- ‘Guiding Star’ – Guiding eg. a crossing patrol person
- ‘Choir of Angels’ – Singing eg. playgroup school class
- ‘Shepherds’ – Working eg. work men/women
- ‘Mary’ – Expecting eg. mother to be
- ‘Magi’ – Bringing eg. visitors
- ‘Bethlehem’ – Waiting eg. village sign population
- ‘Census Officials’ – Organising eg. parish council officers
- ‘Inn Keeper’ – Hosting eg. barman/lady
- ‘Angel Gabriel’ – Messenger eg. post-person